Tuesday, December 27, 2011

How Time Does Fly

Perhaps it's time to start up this old blog again... though I won't promise to update it regularly, as I know my notoriety for forgetting that blogs exist...

Three years and change. And now 2011 is almost over, only a few days left of this year. Let's see. Time for a brief update.

In August of 2008 a bunch of shit happened at once: my girlfriend moved to Atlanta to go to school and live with her parents, I was in a bad car accident and sustained a neck injury that still troubles me today, I got laid off from my job and realized I was going to have to move out of the house I loved. It was a dark, scary time, but I made it through, as I always do.

I started working at the bowling center in Taylors as a bartender in September of 2008, and in October moved in with two new roommates, Rick and Jason. We lived in a little condo for a year, and then moved to an awesome house nearby in October of 2009. I kept working at the bowling alley and became their sales coordinator, as well as a bartender. I loved my little job, but all good things must come to an end I guess, because I got laid off in November of 2010.

My girlfriend and I finally decided to break up after months of trying to make our relationship work long distance, and I held on to her for much longer than I should have - I was still in love with her, even though she'd been screwing a guy in Atlanta while we were still together. I finally managed to cut the cord and haven't talked to her in a while.

I wrote a book in 2010 and went to Las Vegas for a writing convention.

2011 has been a low year for me I guess, but there have been some awesome highlights. I've been searching for a job and while I was doing that I got my real estate license and have started dabbling with other sales stuff too. Rick and Jason moved out and Torrie and Wes moved in. Still in the same cool house in Taylors, still with the same three cats.

Maybe I'll catch up more later. Maybe not. That's all for now. If ya wanna know more, check out these links:

http://arethronok.tumblr.com
http://bmillerfiction.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/arethronok

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home