Monday, December 10, 2007

Grouchy Monday

Note to coworkers: Pick up your bag with the rolly wheels and carry it instead of pulling it around behind you like a yipyap dog. I know we work in a big ol' building with a big ol' desert of a parking lot and you have to walk a damn country mile sometimes to get from your car to your desk, but come ON people, it's not like you're walking across the Sahara here. Pick up your damn bag! You are NOT in an airport! You are NOT as important as you think you are. Trust me. There's nothing in that bag that's too heavy for you to carry for five minutes. So stop! PLEASE! Or I might have to run you over with my Honda.

That being said...

We had a good weekend for the most part, though Erin was sick all day yesterday. Jack came to visit and we had a great time - went out dancing Friday night, went to see the Golden Compass on Saturday (it was good!), had some sushi. He left yesterday afternoon. I spent a lot of the day yesterday taking care of Erin, which I didn't mind a bit. It nurtures my inner caregiver, I guess, to play nursemaid sometimes. Not that I'd want to do it forever, mind you. It's nice, too, because Erin is a very self-sufficient kind of girl, and it's not often I have the opportunity to take care of her. But I wouldn't trade her being well for me being able to take care of her... you know?

My blogging time is limited today because I'm busier than a one-armed paperhanger. The other person on my "team" is out today so I'm covering both of our desks. Hopefully I'll be able to get away for lunch. Corporate America sucks my brain out. I need to figure out a job that will pay me this much but let me do what I want and not have to sit at a desk all day. And, a pony... because if you're dreaming, you should really go ahead and include that pony. Saves future paperwork, right?

It's going to get up in the high 70's - low 80's today. Did I mention it's December 10th? But, there's no such thing as global warming, friends. That's just a bunch of hooey those bleeding-heart pinko commie liberals made up to fool good God-fearing American citizens like you into... into... wait, what are they fooling us into? Believing we should take care of the planet, reduce our toxic gas emissions, make the world a better place for future generations, uh, hmm... yeah... THOSE LIBERAL JERKS! DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT MONEY IS THE BOTTOM LINE HERE?!

This moment of scathing sarcasm brought to you by... NoSleep! For a Monday morning presentation that won't be forgotten by your boss, try NoSleep. From the makers of HungryAsHell and AcidBurn!

Yeah. It's a grouchy Monday, kids. I can already see it coming.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger DNR said...

HAHAHahaha!!! Has any one told you ,you’re funny when your grouchy? *ducks from flying stapler*

We didn't get ice this weekend but it never made it over 34°. And it rained. Guess what I did...? Rode. 240 miles. I was a living (barely) ice cube.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home