Monday, December 17, 2007

Still here!

Still alive and well but busy as hell... hey, that rhymed. You'd think I was some kind of writer, or something... heh.

A. Jones, if you're reading this, I have not forgotten you, or our little online banter. I'm slammed at work AND at home right now, 'cause the lady I work with had a death in her family and I'm covering both of our desks, and of course the Christmas season is kicking my ass. Don't worry though, I am going to continue our debate.

I need to find the perfect Christmas gift for my girlfriend, and I only have seven and a half days to do it... ACK!! WHAT is wrong with me?! I'm never this unprepared...

OK, this was a relatively banal and pointless entry, but I feel guilty having not posted since Wednesday! I'll post more soon, I promise. Just wanted to check in, friends! In an act of reconciliation, I leave you with these eight random facts:

~Neither Johnny Depp nor Helena Bonham Carter had never had a part in a musical before acting in the upcoming film "Sweeney Todd".
~Time Lords can regenerate twelve times. Currently, the good Doctor is on his new incarnation, who is portrayed by the dude that played Barty Crouch, Jr. in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".
~At the right temperature, both blood and vomit bounce on ice.
~One of the first jobs Russell Crowe ever had was the portrayal of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, the crossdressing fabuluscious scientist, in the travelling Australian version of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".
~In South America, there is folklore of a mythical vampiric turkey that stalks the streets and houses of high mountain villages.
~There's a company out there that will take your cremated remains and process them so that they become part of an artificial reef that rebuilds our damaged ocean floors.
~Eating undercooked pork from the grocery store, thanks to the good ol' FDA, will no longer give you trichinosis.
~If you need an avacado to ripen quickly, put it in a paper bag for a few hours (overnight is best). The avacado "breathes" and it helps it to ripen rapidly.

Consider yourself better-prepared for Jeopardy!. Come, friends, let's away! *dives back into paperwork on desk*

3 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok B, no worries, just reply when you have the time. Also, if I can help you in any way at work, just ask - if I can, I will. My main work fields are management, and IT - servers, open source, etc. I do have some friends in the US, but I'm curious about that company of yours - what do you do, exactly?

Take care, cheers.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger DNR said...

Things have been kinda crazy over at my place. So, please accept my very belated Merry Christmas. Hope it was a great one. And a somewhat belated Happy New Year. Here’s to a great ’08!!

Thanks so much for your kind and caring words. I’ve read through the comments for Gary several times the past week, you should know that they have helped. Again, thank you.

Hope work is leaving you alone a little now and that the New Years Party was GREAT!!! Tell your other half I said HI, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Pink Icing said...

here's to a fruitful 2008....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home