Thursday, March 27, 2008

Anybody wanna peanut?

Thank you, Fezzik... now NO MORE RHYMING NOW, I MEAN IT!

I'm kind of in this weird emotional limbo place right now, and I really hate it. Contrary to popular belief, I really do have a mostly sunny disposition - it's something I've had to work hard for to secure over the past few years. I've dealt with dark times over and over again so much that they've hardened me into being a cheerful optimist about most things - with a life like mine, optimism isn't so much a state of mind as it is a tool for survival. But everyone goes through dark spots, and I wonder if what I'm feeling isn't a precursor to one of those. Because what I'm in isn't so much of a blackout as it is a brownout - the emotions are there, just dampened down and barely getting through. I'm tired, and all I want to do is sleep. I can't wait for the weekend, just so I can rest. I'm ready for a break.

I've been working on a new piece of writing. It's completely different from what I've tried before, as I just decided to sit down and start vomiting something out onto the page. The result is a strangely slick story told from the first person point of view, switching back and forth between first person and third person limited omnicient. The narrator of the story is... ah... he's kind of a nut. But a loveable nut, I hope. I want to keep working on it, but I have a crapload of work to do.

Speaking of work, it's going well. I've been taken off the team I was on before and added to another team that's dedicated to the largest customer we have. So I guess it's kind of like a mini-promotion? Whatever, I didn't get a raise and my title didn't change. I am still the Grand High Poo-ba National Accounts Coordinator type person. Same old stuff.

Spring's finally here, and it's nice. I got tired of the winter, but I have to say that Southern winters really do beat Midwestern winters all to hell and gone. One week of a few snows that melted immediately. Continual temperatures in the 40's and 50's. I did miss the snow, sorta, but only to play in. When it snowed this winter I was sick and all I could do was look out the window and wish I could go play. But now the weather's absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and I find myself staring longingly out the windows at work, weighing and measuring the perfectly pillowy clouds in the bright blue sky outside, absorbing them with a lover's eye. I'm delighted to see the first daffodils and crocuses peeping their heads up through the ground, I'm ecstatic to see the first robin red-breast; I go out on our back porch and look at the new green leaves budding on the trees surrounding the house. It's fascinating.

And of course there are movies coming out in the next couple of months we're excited about going to see, but that's a whole other blog for me to compose...

Back to work for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home