Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday's Feast

Feed your blog with Friday's Feast. Go to http://www.fridaysfeast.com.

Appetizer: Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.
Dragon blossoms: a deep scarlet, tropical flower that grows in the faultline crevices of active volcanoes, the Dragon Blossom is a hardy plant that can withstand the massive heat and sulfur-laden atmosphere of a volcanic mountain. The petals make a ridge of what appear to be spines along the top of the flower, while the stem is thick and has no leaves. In late summer the petals spread out to catch every ray of sun they can; when they are fully opened they resemble a pattern of wings.

Soup: Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.
James Earl Jones. "Ya mamma's goin on a date. Y'hear me? A date. She's goin with me, an' she's gonna have a good time." (If you haven't seen the Vader Sessions, please proceed immediately to YouTube and look it up.)

Salad: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?
Right now the tidiness of my car is about a 5. I could get it cleaned in less than five minutes. However there are all kinds of papers and crap in the passenger side front seat floorboard, so it looks really messy... I was able to keep my car relatively clean until I got the Honda and we used it for driving EVERYWHERE. When I just go back and forth to work it stays relatively clean but when we drive it for road trips or even just tooling around town on the weekends, it accumulates junk.

Main Course: How do you feel about poetry?
I write poetry myself every now and again, so some poems I'm very fond of. Overall, though, poetry isn't my favorite thing to read. Normally my poetry isn't all that great, but I have written a few that I'm proud of. If you're curious, just ask.

Dessert: What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?
My friend Paul is going on vacation to Hawaii, and someone made him a pineapple upside down cake with an Aloha Barbie sitting on top of it like she was sunning herself at the beach. It was pretty hilarious. I took a pic of it with my camera phone. The last picture I took with a real camera was this weekend, when Max was doing something adorable (which happens about once every fifteen minutes).

3 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger h said...

Happy FF. Great "voice" selection!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

HAH! I also chose James Earl Jones. I just love that voice... so strong and powerful but still gentle. Love the detail on your appetizer. I can almost see the Dragon Blossom now!

Have a great weekend and join me here if you can:

http://justme1947.blogspot.com/

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Sandee said...

Okay I'm off to see the James Earl Jones videos on YouTube. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home