Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Quotes of Note

Since I'm ultra-busy at work, here's a lazy entry. Some good quotes I've come across lately, for your reading pleasure.

“If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you’re always going to be disappointed.” - Madonna

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege." - Michael Moncur

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised by God to bedevil the days of man!" - Ulysses Everett McGill

“Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.” – Stephen King

“I have a perfect horror of words that are not backed up by deeds.” – Theodore Roosevelt

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein

"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not." - Mark Twain

"I have great faith in fools. My friends call it self-confidence." - Edgar Allen Poe

“The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.” – Arthur C. Clarke

"In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"The worst of all fears is the fear of living." - Theodore Roosevelt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home