Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sounding off

Erin and I are planning a trip to NYC in a couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to it; the last time I went to NYC was 17 years ago for a school trip. We don't have a lot of plans set in stone yet, but we do have a few things we want to do. I want to go to the WTC memorial, and we want to go to Central Park and maybe take a boat tour around the island. Erin wants to hit Soho and shop. We're meeting our friend Shelaine and her kiddo up there, so we'll have a guide AND a friend, which will be great! Does anyone have any suggestions for cool places to go?

Changed up my character in the LARP this month. I stopped playing Jackson (he was getting on my nerves because he was so close-mouthed) and started playing Mark. I think it still weirds the new people out that a girl is playing a boy character, but WHATEVER. It's ROLEPLAYING, people. Roleplaying? You know, playing a role? I'm more boy than girl anyway. Everyone from the old crew is used to it, so they just go along. But this past game there was a new girl and I could tell that when I introduced myself (in character) she was surprised. Well, we'll see how that goes. Ha!

For all you LOTR (Lord of the Rings) fans out there, Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro will be having a live chat about their upcoming project, The Hobbit, on Saturday, May 24th. Fans have to pre-register at the event website to be included in the scheduled chat. The link to register is http://www.wetanz.com/party/register/. I'm going to be in New York, so please, SOME self-respecting LOTR fan go and represent!

I've been writing a lot lately. I have a piece that's growing exponentially (started out as a 5 page piece that's worked its way up to almost 20 pages and there's no end in sight), plus a new finished short story and a poem. And another piece that I'm tinkering with. I also made a music video the other night using a track from the Postal Service and some really great photos. It's a good time, creatively. Now I just need to start sending things out. My 50 submissions in 2008 has come to a standstill. I really want to get the ball rolling again, but the business end of all this is kind of overwhelming to me. Ah well, "There's nothin' for it, Mr. Frodo," as Samwise would say. Right?!

Saw Iron Man - twice. I HIGHLY recommend. It was awesome. I'm excited about Prince Caspian and Indy, too (this week and next week's big releases, in case you didn't know - duh). And of course I'll be going to see the Sex and the City movie with Erin, and I expect it to be good. While I'm probably the least girly person you know, I do enjoy having fun with the show. There's more to it than fashion and sex (ok, not much, but those of you that've watched over a long period of time know what I mean).

Sound off! What's going on in your corner of the world?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home