Monday, July 16, 2007

General malaise...

It’s been over a week since I updated, so I wanted to catch up a little on my blogging. Things are going ok here, but I am really ready for everything to be settled and for us to find a rental house or apartment or wherever we’re going to move, get our stuff down here and start our lives. I’m so tired of feeling like I am stuck in limbo. Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate that my parents are letting me stay at their house, but I’ve been there for two weeks now and I’m just ready to have my own place, with my own stuff, my own cats and my own girlfriend (whom I miss terribly). I’m heading up to Indy this weekend to see her and a few friends of mine, and that’ll be great, but I’m just ready for this time to be over and the new life to begin. I feel like I’m in some sort of weird purgatory.

The job is going well, I’m working a lot on takeoffs and other sort of “busy work” still, but I’m glad to be able to help these guys out. I’ve learned my way around the building (mostly) and am getting comfortable in the department. Everybody likes me so far. I haven’t offered any information about my personal life – to tell you the truth I’m a little wary of these guys finding out that I am dating a girl (we ARE in the South, after all). But I don’t think that really matters at the moment.

I still haven’t seen the new Harry Potter movie – Erin and I promised each other that we would wait to see it until we could see it together, so I’m going to go see it this weekend. I did, however, take myself to a movie on Friday night. I went to see 1408, it was pretty good. Creepy, mostly. I tried to vacate the house as much as possible this weekend, so I ended up driving around a lot and doing a lot of things that kind of felt empty and pointless – going to the mall, a movie, a club. I guess I’m just kind of lonely. But an end to that is in sight, thankfully. It’s a little over a month until Erin comes down here.

I also went to my old game on Saturday night and to be quite frank, it sucked. The only thing that didn’t make the whole evening a total waste of my time was seeing a few of my old friends and going to dinner/breakfast (hey, it was 2 am) after the game was over. I don’t know if I’ve just moved past LARPing in general, or if the storyteller sucked, or if it’s that game in particular, or what. Mostly it was because the characters got split into two different groups – a small group of three and a large group of the rest of the characters. I was in the small group, and the ST went off and ran scenes for the large group for the rest of the night, so I and the other guys in the scene just sat around for three or four hours waiting for something to happen. It was really crappy… oh well.

General malaise this morning. Hopefully it’ll get better soon.

Take care, all…

~Becky

3 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Shelaine said...

dont worry, a month will fly by!! im glad you posted, i miss you, but i fell asleep when you started talking about LARP :)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger DNR said...

Glad you are doing well. hope to see you while you're here... Maybe not, I'll be in Kansas. Bill H. has someting for you.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home