Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday's Feast #149

Feed your blog with Friday's Feast! Go to http://www.fridaysfeast.com to learn more.

Appetizer: Name a funny habit you have.

I never go anywhere without a book. When I was a kid, I would carry a book everywhere with me – school, doctor’s offices, when my mom would go shopping. The habit’s stayed with me into adulthood. Now I have two or three books in my car, and if I ever get stuck somewhere (dead-stop traffic, eating lunch alone, oil changes), I have something to keep my brain entertained. Not sure if that’s a “funny” habit or not, but it’s one of the most consistent ones I’ve had throughout my life.

Soup: If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick?

The piano. I already (sort of) know how to play the guitar – if I got back into playing I would be a decent rhythm guitarist, so I’d really like to look at another instrument. I’ve always loved the piano and wished I knew how to play. I would also love, love, LOVE to know how to play the drums. Drums are awesome! I’d love to start a girl rocker band with Erin and a couple of our friends. We’d do all kinds of covers, like of Ben Folds, the Eels, and the Go-Go’s! (Yeah, I’m a dork, I admit it.)

Salad: How long is your hair?

It’s very short, with bangs in the front. Kind of a boy-cut, but I don’t mind. My whole life until I was 30 I had long hair – when I got it all cut off, it was almost to my waist. I decided that when I turned 30 I wanted to do something that would be a landmark for myself. Since I don’t really do tattoos or piercings (mostly because I’m a pansy about pain), I decided to cut off all my hair. It was scary, but I’m so glad I did it. I LOVE my short hair and think it suits me much better than my long hair ever did. Also, I donated the hair I got cut off to Locks of Love (http://www.locksoflove.org), an organization that helps disadvantaged children suffering from medical hair loss. They cut off 18”! It was a good feeling to know that my hair would go to make some little girl or boy feel better about themselves during their battle with cancer or some other serious health issue.

Main Course: When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it?

This morning, I forgave myself for going to Starbucks – does that count? Ha! Seriously though, the last real, serious, life-changing forgiveness I gave was probably to my friend Shane. We had a falling out in 2004, and hadn’t spoken at ALL in a couple of years. He contacted me in the summer of 2006 and asked me to forgive him for the things he’d said to me that had hurt me so badly. After some time, some long discussions, and some serious self-realizations on both our parts, I did forgive him, and our friendship is now stronger than ever. I’m so glad he sought me out, and I’m so glad I chose to forgive him and put the past behind us.

Dessert: What is your favorite kitchen appliance?

Oooooo… I’m a kitchen appliance whore, so I can’t pick just one. I love our toaster oven. And our deep fryer. And our blender. And our food processor. And Erin’s Kitchen-Aid mixer. But I guess if I had to pick a favorite, I’d say… my countertop ice cream maker! It’s great in the summertime!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww. starbucks is not a sin :) I'd love to go but there is not one around!! Believe that!! Great feast.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Beadknitter said...

Good feast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home