Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday's Feast # 143

Feed your blog with Friday's Feast!

Appetizer: Tell about a time when you had to be brave.
When my grandmother passed away, I went into the hospital room with my sister, aunt and uncle and stayed while they turned off the machines. I held her hand, we sang her favorite hymns, and read some of her favorite passages from the Bible. It was one of the scariest, hardest things I've ever done... but I made it through, and I'm glad I was there.

Soup: Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?
Pirates of the Caribbean III: At World's End. It's gonna be awesome! An extra added bonus is that my best friend from college, Shane, is coming up from SC to visit on that weekend and we all get to go see it together!

Salad: Name an item you try to always have on hand.
I never go anywhere without my athsma rescue inhaler.

Main Course: Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!
A combination bedroom with an office in a loft above the bedroom. Lots of light, windows from floor to ceiling with hardwood floors and thin sheers over the windows. A huge bed with fluffy bedclothes (down comforter, mattress pad, etc) and egyptian cotton sheets. A ceiling fan stirring slightly. And a cat sleeping somewhere in a pool of warm yellow sunshine. Beautiful!

Dessert: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?
Probably a 4 or a 5.

5 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger jenny said...

I enjoyed your feast!

I have "grown out of" my asthma somewhat, but I carried an inhaler with me many years. I can relate.

Very brave appetizer. I haven't had to face something like that yet.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great answers--have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Wonderful feast. Sorry to hear about your gramma but glad to know that she is now home to be with the Lord. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have never had anyone really close to pass away but I did go into the hospital room when someone I was fairly close to was dying and I started to cry really hard and they took me out of the room. I liked reading your main course, I too find the idea of a huge bed with a down comforter relaxing. Have a wonderful weekend.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Dr. Augustus Dayafter said...

I do so love me some Becky :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home