Thursday, May 10, 2007

Been a while...

Been a while since I posted so I thought I’d give an update. Not much going on here, as usual. Sedate and boring. I don’t know which is worse… a boring life or an eventful one… probably the boring one. However I do remember a particular Chinese curse that says “May you live in interesting times”. Ha!

Soooo… what’s been going on? Our friends in Greenville had their baby last week. He’s incredibly adorable. I’ve seen a couple of pictures and he looks as cute as his mom and as cantankerous as his dad. Hee! I can’t wait to meet him in person. We talked to his mom yesterday and she sounded happy, but tired. I guess that’s the way most new parents sound, though, LOL.

I’ve stalled on the weight loss – I’ve been stuck at the same place for about a week and a half now. I’m not too worried about it though, because I have incorporated strength training into my workout, and I have been building muscle which weighs three times as much as fat. I haven’t gained anything, so I’m not gonna obsess about it. For a while there I was weighing myself like two or three times a day, and making myself insane, so I made myself stop and I have now adopted a goal of only weighing once a week, on Mondays. It’s harder than I thought it would be to keep myself off the scale, but I’m managing. I have gained another hole on my belt, and this weekend I found that I have lost a size in my jeans… maybe two! We went to Old Navy and I bought a shirt… that is an XL!! I can’t remember the last XL I owned… maybe I was in high school? I have no idea… but it was a LONG time ago!

We went to see Spider-Man 3 last weekend. It was good… I’m a freak about comic book movies, so I’m entertained easily, and Spider-Man is near the top of my list when it comes to movies like that. I thought it was well done. There were some things I would have changed… (Topher Grace as Venom? He’s about as scary as a fluffy Persian kitten) but all in all, I thought they did a good job. I’ll definitely buy it; we own the other two so I’ll want to complete my collection. And, I’ll probably watch it a few times too. ;-)

My friend Shane is coming to visit in two weeks, and I’m so excited about it that I can hardly sit still. He’s going to be here for six days… I’m actually having kind of a real vacation with him. We’re going to go to Chicago for a couple of days while he’s here and we’re going to take him to the Art Institute. We’re also going to go see Pirates of the Caribbean while he’s here (he’s a Pirates freak like we are). It’s going to be so much fun. Yippeee!!

OK, I better get back to work. So much for updating… take care all!

~Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home