Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Boring Wednesday

Three more hours and I get to blow this joint for another evening… I think time has stopped this afternoon. Why is it going so slow?

I was sick this weekend, but I’m feeling better now. I had that nasty cold that takes up residence in your head for 72 hours. As a result, I stayed in bed for the majority of the weekend. I missed the sunshine, but we rented several new(ish) movies and watched them (pretty much the only activity I was up to). We rented The Pursuit of Happyness, The Prestige, Babel, The Holiday, and Children of Men (which we didn’t get around to watching). They were all pretty good… Pursuit of Happyness dragged a little. Babel was depressing, but well done. The Holiday was cute… The Prestige had an interesting ending. Nothing really made me sit up and say, “wow”. Not even the nude Asian chick in Babel… *sigh* I must be getting old…

We’re going to Chi-town this weekend. Yippeee!!! We’re going to go to the Museum of Science and Industry, which’ll be fun… also, we’re going to hit Ikea, as we usually do when we go to Chicago (hopefully we won’t spend TOO much money), and Erin’s mom has gotten us tickets to go see the White Sox play on Sunday. We’re going to be in a skybox!! I’m excited – I’ve never been to an MLB game before. We’re playing the Twins. I hope we win, but if we play like we did against Cleveland in the season opener on Monday, there’s not a chance in hell…

We’re also going to do some sightseeing, I believe… I know we’re going to go to the top of the Sears Tower. It’s supposed to be cold in Chicago this weekend, but I’m sure we can squeeze some good touristy-type stuff in.

Everything else is pretty normal. I haven’t heard back about the new job yet, but I should soon. I’m still working on my weight loss (my current weight loss total is twelve pounds). I’m also up to about 40 minutes on the treadmill now. I try to go every day. I didn’t go last weekend as I was sick, and this weekend we’ll be in Chicago, but I’m not going to let that stop me. I’m going to see if the hotel we stay in has a fitness center, and maybe I’ll use that. Regardless, even if I don’t get a chance to walk on the treadmill this weekend, we’re going to be doing a lot of walking, and then I’ll get right back on it on Monday. It’s nice to know I can just pick up where I left off – I was worried on Monday that I wouldn’t be able to do as much as I wanted because I hadn’t walked in three days, but I was fine.

I’ve been sticking to about 1100-1200 calories a day, but it’s getting harder as I’m exercising more. One thing that I love, though, is that one of the best things you can eat when you’re dieting is SUSHI! So, once a week I’ve been treating myself to Asaka. If it’s just me, and I don’t get any appetizers like gyoza (which I don’t, because it’s fried), I can get away with a sushi dinner for less than $10. Sushi happy hour rocks socks. I love super white tuna nigiri… yummmmmmm…

OK, enough weight loss talk. It feels like that’s all I think about any more…

My life must be pretty boring right now, because I can’t think of much else to write about. So, I’m punching out for now. Until next time…

~Becky

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

Are you going to do the lingonberry dance when you are at IKEA?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger B. Miller said...

Yay lingonberry dance! Remember when we all went together and Gabe kept getting you desserts?? The kitty says hello and he misses you!! lol!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Shelaine said...

awww hello kitten! I do remember that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home