Monday, March 12, 2007

Did anyone see my weekend? It was so short, I think I misplaced it...

Good morning, everyone.

Stupid time change… it’s STILL dark outside, and it’s almost 8:30 in the morning. GRRR!!! I just want to be in my bed. On the other hand, I’m very pleased our country is taking the initiative to change earlier so that we as a nation can save more on energy costs, and ultimately cut down on our overall emissions. Global warming is real, people. See An Inconvenient Truth. Yeah, yeah, I’m a democratic liberal left wing tree hugging bleeding heart pinko lesbian, whatever, get over yourselves. If you can’t see that the house of cards we’ve been building over the last century is beginning to tumble down around us, you’re just as blind as the rest of the republican right wing conservative tree killing gay hating woman oppressing ostriches with their heads stuck in the sand party. Jerks.

This isn’t to say that there are some wonderful republicans out there, I have friends that are republican. Hell, I married one (but we see how that turned out, don’t we?). There are exceptions to every rule – I mean, I’ve met Bob Jonesers that were actually human beings with personalities and thoughts and feelings that haven’t been dictated to them by the institution they’re attending, but they’re few and far between. And I work at a company where I am surrounded by (relatively) nice republicans… but the majority of those jerks out there have their heads shoved so far up their asses that they can actually see their own stomach linings.

And that’s all I have to say about politics this morning… ahem.

It was a good weekend, but way too short. I would gladly work four ten-hour shifts to get three day weekends every week. I never feel like the weekend is long enough. And this coming weekend is going to fly by because we’re going to be spending literally half of it in the car... *sigh* Anyway, Friday we went to see 300. It was REALLY good. Very violent and bloody and intense. I would definitely rent it when it comes out on DVD, might even buy it. We’ll have to see. Saturday we went to lunch with our roommate, then walked around down by our lake where the river flooded into it a few weeks ago to see what got washed up. It was very cool – we found all kinds of stuff. There was even a dock that had come unmoored from somewhere and was washed up, upside down, on the banks where the river had been, not two weeks ago. Erin took some really amazing pictures. It was neat walking around down there, like being in a totally different place.

After we got cleaned up from playing around down by the river in the mud, we went and drove around in the sunshine. It was so nice to soak up the warmth and drive around talking. Then we headed to Corona for dinner and had some margaritas. I ended up being the DD, lol. We went to the liquor store so I could get stuff to work on my recipe for Shamrock Juice (party punch I’m making for the St. Pat’s party on Friday night). I actually was able to make it work – FINALLY – and finished up the recipe. Now I just need to figure out how much of each ingredient I need to make a MASSIVE batch on Friday. It’s very tasty – you can’t taste the alcohol in it at all. I’m a little concerned that it’s not alcoholic enough, actually… but yesterday I tried more alcohol in it, and it wasn’t as good. It’s very green and tastes kind of light and fruity. The recipe is as follows:

Shamrock Juice
Concocted by B. Matthews

1 part Midori/melon flavored liquor
1 part vodka
1 part pre-mixed Bacardi hurricane
2 parts pineapple juice
2 parts lime drink (NOT limeade, I found a lime drink in the cooler at the liquor store, but I imagine lime Kool-Aid or lime Hawaiian Punch would work just fine, make sure it is bright green though)
4 parts Sprite

Mix well, serve cold. If you mix it carefully, there’s still enough carbonation from the Sprite left to give it a nice bite. TASTY!!

Then yesterday Erin went ice skating with her dad and I knocked around the house and played computer games, mostly. We watched movies and I did laundry last night. We finally let the kitten out into the rest of the house this weekend, and the other cats seem to be doing ok. It’s nice to not have to keep him locked up in our room. There was no head-bouncing this morning, which was great, especially considering the hour of sleep we lost.

Oh yeah, I also sent my parents flowers this weekend as Saturday was their 40th wedding anniversary. God bless the creator of Outlook calendar. Without that thing I would forget anniversaries and birthdays left and right...

Well anyway, I guess I better dive back into my desk… have a happy Monday, everyone!

~Becky

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

As far as that whole global warming thing is concerned, I'd like to quote a dear friend of mine:
LEARN TO SWIM

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

you're a lazy blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home