Thursday, February 22, 2007

The glue on United States Postal Service stamps is NOT kosher...

...just so you know.

It’s warmed up and the snow is melting all over the place here. By “warmed up” I mean “gone above freezing”; the temperature has been in the 40’s this week. I am so damn ready for the weekend. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I just feel so frustrated about everything lately. It doesn’t matter if it’s work, personal life, money, car, health, anything… everything just makes me so frustrated. It’s like there’s a constant little rain cloud above me that just won’t go away, no matter how hard I try to make it leave. It’s possible that it’s just a symptom of cabin fever – maybe getting out of the apartment will help. I think we’re going to go to Chicago sometime soon, which will be a nice change. We’re going to go to the Museum of Science and Industry, which is always fun for geeks like me. They have all kinds of really cool stuff, like baby chickens in an incubator, a real airplane (a small one but a real one nonetheless), and a coal mine replica in the basement. It’s a very cool place, and if you’ve never been I highly recommend it. I also love the Art Institute, but I don’t think we’ll do both in one weekend. You really need to devote two days to the AI and we just don’t have the time. I want to wait until it’s warmed up a little bit more before we head up to the Windy City, though.

We’ve been watching American Idol. I knew we would get sucked in; it was just a matter of time. Last night the twelve girls competed. They were ok, definitely better than the guys. My favorites so far are Chris Sligh and Lakiesha (don’t know her last name). She rocked out last night! Everybody else ranged from “eh” to “WTF?” to “boooooring…”. I guess we’ll find out tonight.

Did I really just type a whole paragraph about American Idol? I must be hurting for blog material.

We found an interesting place to live in Greenville if we decide to move. It’s called the Lofts of Greenville, and it’s in the old mill down on 276 (I think it’s 276, anyway), that’s right near Greenville Memorial Hospital. They’re great (and beautiful!) apartments. I’ve been to the mill when the Handlebar was still there (this was a few years ago), so I know what the inside of the building is like, and I know it will be a very classy place. Hardwood floors, brick walls, windows from floor to ceiling… very cool. It’s not too far from the middle of everything, either. Sometimes I wish we could move right now. I’m sick of all this deliberation and everything being up in the air. And it’s gonna be like this for months, because I can’t start looking for a damn job until May or June at the earliest – we can’t move until August, and I don’t want to land a job before a month or so before we move… I don’t know how understanding a new employer would be about me needing to start four or six weeks after I’m hired. I don’t even know if employers do that… well, I guess if they want you badly enough, they’ll do anything.

My truck smells like hazlenut coffee because some nimrod Hoosier decided to slam on his brakes in front of me this morning… my entirely full coffee cup flew out of the cup holder, hit the floor, and the lid popped off so the whole cup spilled all over the car. GRRRR!!

Word of the day: tie between “whatever” and “FUCK!”

~Becky

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger zEaLoUsMe™ said...

lol!...njoy ur weekend and am sure ur so called cloud will fade away soon!

neways HAPPY JOURNEY!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

life is suffering

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

When I grow up can I be a blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home