Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday's Feast

I got the link for the weekly Friday's Feast from my pal DNR's blog. Check him out, he's on my blogrolling list on the right hand side of the screen (under What...?) Thanks, DNR!!!

Feed your brain with the weekly Feast!

Appetizer: What are you proud of?

A lot of things, but most recently I'm proud of the fact that I've lost seven pounds (as of Wednesday's Weigh-In) with my new weight loss and exercise goals.

Soup: What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

I haven't won a lot of prizes, but I guess that the best one I won was $150 in a national poetry contest, plus being published in a newspaper and an anthology.

Salad: Name something you do that is a waste of time.

I surf the web. I'm an internet junkie!! Not as bad as some people, and not as bad as I used to be, but I still have to have a hit of world wide web almost every day!

Main Course: In what year of your life did you change the most?

2004-2005. I fell in love with the girl of my dreams, realized I didn't ever want to be married (to a man), told my family and myself exactly who I was and wasn't, had a semi-nervous breakdown, moved to Indianapolis, learned I could fend for myself and be a responsible adult, got the best job of my career, and many other things. So much to squeeze into one year! I can't even begin to chronicle it all. And while it was an amazing time of growth for me, growing pains are never fun. There were a lot of hard, scary times in that year. But it was definitely the year that I changed the most.

Dessert: Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?

Ocracoke Island, North Carolina. It's an island in the outer banks of NC. It was one of the favorite hideaways of Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard the Pirate. I've never seen so many stars in my life as I've seen lying on the beach in the middle of the night at Ocracoke. And the meteor shower I saw there one year? It took my breath away.

5 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast. Thanks for the NC love from a native Tarheel. My feast is served if you would like to partake.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Nice job. Sounds like you have had an eventful year. Loved your dessert.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger DNR said...

Cool feast!! thanks for the linkage!!

Good luck on the weight thing, lord know I should too...

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

are you guys gonna play cards with me again?

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Rob Carr said...

Great feast. 2004-2005 sounds rough, but you came through it and are progressing. Way to go!

Welcome to Friday's Feast, too. I hope you'll stop by my blog.

Rob of UnSpace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home