Monday, June 04, 2007

Ahhh, a nice long update

Sorry for the lapse in posts, folks. It’s been a busy couple of weeks.

Shane came to visit. I wish he could have stayed longer – we had a great time. He got here on Thursday evening and we took him to our little Irish pub (the Claddagh). Then we took him out for gelato and we drove around for a while and showed him downtown and some other parts of the city. Friday we drove to Chicago and had a great time exploring the city and taking pictures of everything. We ended up staying in this really great hotel. It was actually the hotel on the campus of Hamburger University, the McDonald’s corporate headquarters. All the McDonald’s decorations were… well, they were kind of creepy in a strange Twilight-Zone kinda way, but they were still fun. We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean III on a great big giant screen in Chicago, too, and it was REALLY good. We had some Thai downtown and took about five million pictures of the city at night and drove all over the city and listened to music and smoked cigarettes like rebellious angry teenagers. LOL! It was a lot of fun.

Then Saturday we went to the Art Institute. We saw all kinds of really amazing stuff, but I wish they had had all the things we wanted to see on display. The last time we went they had these absolutely beautiful stained glass windows, but this time they were all packed away to keep them safe while the Art Institute was remodeling. I appreciate the action and sentiment, but I wish I’d gotten to see them again. I was gonna take some pictures of them and incorporate them into a video I’m making.

We came home Saturday evening and got to’ up from the flo’ up. We had a great time being intoxicated and silly. Then Sunday and Monday we hung out, played some D&D, had some really good food. Tuesday we had sushi for dinner and went waaaay overboard, LOL. We ended up with two take out boxes full of sushi after we were done. He went home on Wednesday. I took a lot of good pics, and I’ll post a few of them sometime soon.

Let’s see… what else? All my shows are over… House, Heroes, American Idol… so now I have even more time to concentrate on my weight loss goals. I have to confess that I’ve fallen off the wagon. Having Shane here for a week was hard on my determination as we didn’t exercise and I pretty much threw calorie counting out the window. I’m discouraged with myself and with the whole process. I just can’t seem to make myself go get on the damn treadmill! But this is a new week, and I am going to MAKE myself do it tonight. I know from experience if I can just make myself go do it ONE TIME it will be so much easier to get back into the habit of it. I really need to do something about it because I’m starting to feel really bad about myself again. I’ve realized that if I’m dieting and exercising the self-image issues improve a little already because I’m DOING something about the things I hate. Now I need to make myself get back to that. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to do that. I know that it’s good for me and makes me feel good too, so why am I so much more inclined to sit on the couch and eat ice cream?! Grrrr… well, tonight I am GETTING on the FUCKING TREADMILL. I know I have gained a few pounds, I can tell in my body. So… I have to stop the cycle before it really gets going, and start walking and eating right again. I know I can do it, I just have to make myself.

We’ve been to see a few movies lately… Spidey 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3… they were all good. Of the three I think Pirates was the best of the bunch, then Spidey, then Shrek. I’m ready for the next really good movie to come out, but I don’t think that’ll happen until July (Harry Potter). I love going to see movies on the big screen, but lately they have really been a suck-fest. I call them that mostly because of how expensive going to the movies is as opposed to renting the DVD. The tickets, popcorn etc. are all actually much more expensive than buying the damn DVD would be. So moviegoing is a real treat, and the movies should REFLECT that in my opinion! Dammit!

On the move to SC… The company in Greenville that’s very similar to the company I work with now has posted a job opening for National Accounts Coordinator. This is the same job I applied for here and got turned down for. I’m gonna bite the bullet and submit my resume. Everybody keep their fingers crossed for me, I’d really like to have this job. Mostly I’d like to have a steady, reliable job in Greenville that I know I can excel at, and be close to my family. But it will also be nice to walk into my boss’s office and tell her that I’m lighting out for the territories and what she can go do with her reports and her call center queue and her micromanaging. I hate what has happened to this company, because it’s not the same place I started working and fell in love with two and a half years ago. I can’t imagine how upset and disappointed and let down I would be if I had spent twenty years of my life working on this company as some of my co-workers have. It’s time to move on; big business has arrived, and it’s screwing over the company that I started working for. It sucks, but that’s life.

So we’ve been looking at apartments and stuff in Greenville, just daydreaming mostly, but also really getting a feel for what’s available and how expensive it will be. We’ve found some really good ones. I can’t believe we’re actually gonna move back to SC. I have really mixed feelings about it, but that’s for another entry as this one has been really long! I need to get back to work. I’ll blog again soon!

Take care all!

~Becky

3 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Dr. Augustus Dayafter said...

woo hoo!!! Moving to SC will happen buddy. I just know it will. then we can have weekend visits and bro the fuck out together :) I misses my becks and erinses... my preciouses... GOLLUM GOLLUM!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger B. Miller said...

*imagines Curt as Gollum and dissolves into giggles*

Right on bro... I'll definitely keep you updated and let you know what's going on. Regardless of whether I get the job or not, it's only a matter of time until I RETURN to the land of my birth! YIPPEEEE!!!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

if you move you will be farther away but we will have visits somehow! I'm crossing my fingers for you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home