Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Another day, another... hey where'd my dollar go?!?

Is anybody else BROKE?! Jeez...

I have so much work to do, and I just don’t feel like doing it. I’ve come down with a bad case of the dontwannas this morning. I don’t wanna put orders in, I don’t wanna check email, I don’t wanna call these people back. Oh, well.

This weekend was good – very productive. We cleaned the HELL out of our house. The kitchen is… good lord, I can’t even tell you how clean it is. Erin was a little under the weather this weekend, so we lounged around for a good bit on Saturday. Watched the Sox lose to the Cubs (WTF, guys?!?!?!??!) and I made marinara sauce. I made a great big pot of it so we can use it when Shane comes to visit (he wanted me to cook for him, and I’m making Chicken Parmesan). This way there won’t be nearly as much mess when the time comes to cook. Sunday we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and did laundry and cleaned some more. I can’t wait for Shane to get here! Yesterday I was bored at work so I calculated how many hours before he arrived. Right now we’re at 57 hours and counting… LOL

Yesterday was weigh day. I have lost two and a half more pounds. Which brings me to almost 33 pounds lost. Hopefully I can keep this up, losing one or two pounds a week, for the next year or so. If I can do that, I’ll be at the weight I want to be by next spring. If I can just keep up the effort… it’s getting very draining, tiring, and discouraging now that I’m down to chiseling off the weight one or two pounds at a time. I’m in the long haul now. Who knows how long it will last?

Things I have learned:

~ It's simple. Calories in vs. calories out. That's all. For now, anyway.
~ Music, while it may not make the exercise go faster or easier, does make it go better.
~ You need not cut ice cream out entirely. Slim A Bear ice cream sandwiches are delicious, and only 100 calories.
~ Your shoes are INCREDIBLY important when you exercise on a regular basis. They HAVE TO BE in good shape for you to get in good shape.
~ The Biggest Loser does not help motivate me at all.
~ Support is everywhere. The most important place you will find it is inside yourself.
~ Hydrate.
~ Don't be stupid about calories. If you don't give your body enough fuel, it will mutiny on you.
~ It's not about cutting out everything. It's about moderation and being conscious of what you're sticking into your face.
~ If you don't add variety to your exercise routine, you will start to hate it.
~ Patience is a virtue - one of the biggest, especially when giving it to yourself.
~ Weight loss is a selfish process.
~ You will never see your own weight loss as much as other people do.
~ Sushi is great exercise food. Protein + carbs = raw energy. Eat about 45 minutes before exercising and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with your workout.
~ When I think about how far I still have to go and get discouraged, it helps if I think about how far I’ve come.
~ Just because you’ve lost 30 pounds does not mean that things will magically fit you now. However, more things will fit you than before, and that’s encouraging.
~ Exercising might suck, but when it’s over there’s a good feeling of accomplishment. I always feel better after exercising, if for no other reason than the fact that I’ve proven that I can continue to make myself do this.
~ No one has the same weight loss experience. Take everything you can find into consideration, review it, and reject or approve it as you need to. Your weight loss is your own. Use every tool you can find to help you achieve your goal.
~ Time is going to pass regardless of what we do. A year from now, we can be a year older and just as unhealthy, or a year older and a year healthier. If it's going to happen regardless, and we're all along for the ride, why not do something productive while on the bus?

~ If I lose everything else, I still have myself and my body, and I want it to be around and in as good of working order as possible for as long as possible.

That’s all for now. Take care, guys!
Becky

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Dr. Augustus Dayafter said...

Keep it going girl! That and know that there are PLENTY of people out here in cyberland that are supporting you and loving you!

Oni

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

you can do it!!!! You know, I think you've gotten me excited about Shane's visit, too. HHAHAHAHHA
Also, going from being pregnant to trying to slim down I have one thing to say- I MISS EATING!!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger DNR said...

Quite the list of knowledge. You have done well Grasshopper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home