Thursday, October 11, 2007

Emblogerment

God, it's been forever. Almost a month since I posted. I've fallen out of the blog-o-sphere, as DNR would say.

It's ok, though. I needed to take a break from blogging. I was becoming self-absorbed and boring. Wait, I'm still self-absorbed and boring. But that's ok, everyone can be like that at times. We just have to find ways around it...

Things are going well, still. We've moved into the new place, finally. The house has some issues, but they're slowly being taken care of. I know, I know. I hear you. "Issues, you say?" Yes, yes, dear reader, issues. Like spiders not realizing that they're not welcome to make their webs inside, or even around high traffic outdoor areas. It's very empowering to kill the shit out of a sincerely creepy looking spider. I've done it three times in the past two days. I talk to them just before their demise to psych myself up (I might be the designated spider killer of the house, but hell, they're creepy little shits and I hate them just as much as anyone). "You picked the wrong windowsill, bitch," I told the spiky-legged, vicious little beast I murdered in the kitchen two nights ago. And then, Hi-YAH, BAM, with the end of the broom. Victorious spider-killer! Woo!

80% of our stuff is stacked up around the house, still in boxes. We're gradually moving into the new place. It's nice to be back under one roof again, me and the girlfriend and the cats. And no roommate (at least for the time being). We kicked out our last roommate after she decided she was going to try to screw us out of $2000 (this after not helping with the move AT ALL). At this, my usual forgiving nature just snapped and I told the bitch to get out of my life. In no uncertain terms. Hopefully she's gotten the message.

I've joined a writers' group here in Greenville and have started writing again. So far I've created two new short stories. I want to write more but at the moment all the time I have to write is in my spare time at work, so it's very sporadic. It's great to be writing again, though. The second story I did was relatively sick and twisted, but I was pleased with the imagery. When I eventually get my office set up in the new house, I plan to devote a chunk of time at least a few nights a week to stroking my muse and eventually pumping her for inspiration. (That sounded relatively suggestive, but really only YOU took it that way, you naughty little minx, you.)

The job is the job. There's nothing special to say about it other than the fact that it pays well. Nothing has changed much on that front. I don't expect it to change any time soon, either. I've discovered that, much like every other thing on the planet, the larger something gets, the slower it moves. I work for a huge company, so like the strides of the bull elephant, the heartbeat of a humpbacked whale, or the brain processes of an NFL linebacker, things move at sub-light speeds. So I count off each minute, each hour, each day at a time, count myself lucky that I'm being paid well and have benefits, and live vicariously through others while voraciously anticipating the weekend.

Hm. Can't think of much more at the moment. Hopefully I'll feel the urge to start posting again. I've been thinking about this blog and how it became something more for the people who were reading it than something for me. And that's cool and all, because a blog (at least this type of blog) needs readers to thrive. But it's a give and take relationship. It needs to be even. It needs to be partially about the audience and partially about the writer. Hell, I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say, other than I got so caught up in editing myself because of what I was thinking other people would think about what I was writing (Good lord that was a complicated sentence) that each time I sat down to update I became overwhelmed. Caught up in the idea of trying to be interesting and engaging, I became stagnant. So, fuck it. I'm just going to post what I want and screw the rest. If you don't like it, gravitate your mouse up to the little red X in the top right hand corner of the screen. Empowerment, my friends, is the word of the day.

And that's all for now. More to come later.

~Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home