Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another post? It's only been two days!! Who knew?!

Sooooooo, we signed the lease on the house. YIPPEEEE!!! I’m so pleased – it’s a really good house. I went yesterday and walked around in it and took pictures of the inside. It’s kind of old, but it’s got so much character… I can’t wait for our stuff to be in it. I’m so ready to have our own place again! And this place is going to be great. It’s going to be so nice to have a house, instead of an apartment, to live in. I’m so looking forward to NOT BEING STUCK IN A HUMAN FILING CABINET. That, and if we want to have friends over and be a little loud, we don’t have to worry about upstairs or downstairs neighbors. The neighborhood that this place is in is very quiet, though, so if we do have friends over (like for a party or something) we’ll have to remind them to keep it down when they’re outside. Which won’t be a problem, I’m sure.

51 days and counting… *sigh*

Dad’s birthday was good. We went to the Japanese restaurant, and then we came home and made home-made Oreo ice cream and gave him presents. I got him a DVD called “Lightning in a Bottle” which is an on-stage performance of the history of the blues played by a lot of different blues legends – B.B. King, Robert Cray, etc. He just got a new car with a killer stereo system and DVD player, so I think he’s gonna “watch” it on one of his long trips for work, which is just what I intended. He liked it a lot.

Has anyone seen the new movie “Stardust”? I think Erin and I are going to go see it this weekend (if we have time). A friend of mine went to see it and he said that it was REALLY good. It’s supposed to be in the same vein as The Princess Bride, Willow, Legend, Labyrinth, etc. I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t seen any really good movies lately, with the exception of Harry 5. I went to see 1408 last month, and the Simpsons movie. But true cinematic excellence has escaped me for a while. Hopefully this’ll be as good as my friend says it is. I’m a film enthusiast in any genre, so movies get me excited. I just wish that there was an artsy movie theater somewhere close so we could go see a really good one every now and again. There was a theater in Indy that I know I’m going to miss – the Landmark. It was an art cinema theater… there’s nothing like that around here. You’d have to drive to Atlanta to see anything like that… grr… and honestly, Greenville’s becoming enough of a frou-frou sort of town that I think a theater like that would do reasonably well. You’d have to put it downtown, of course. Why doesn’t Asheville have a theater like that?? Asheville’s only 45 minutes away…

Enough lamenting. I should get back to work…

~Becky

4 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Shane McElveen said...

Yeah, I'll be opening that "Personal Shopper" business any day now...lol. I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to stay over at the new house and party!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Shelaine said...

hey. My parents saw stardust and they didnt like it. She said that it would have been better as a story to tell to a child, and that Robert DeNiro was campy...and not in a god way. But who knows!!! Im glad everything is going well. You guys should visit us sometime. They just added a flight from here to Atlanta. woo hoo

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger DNR said...

2 posts on 2 days... WOHA!!! Is it snowoing outside?? LOL!!!

Glad things are turing up. Can't wait to see the pics of the house.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Augustus Dayafter said...

Though I have not seen Stardust, I have read it. Neil Gaiman is the shit and I love his work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home